SBI PO Recruitment 2017
- No. of posts: 2313
- Name of posts: Probationary Officers (PO)
- Essential Academic Qualifications (as on 01/07/2017): Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government. Those who are in the Final year/Semester of their Graduation may also apply provisionally subject to the condition that, if called for interview, they will have to produce proof of having passed the graduation examination on or before 01.07.2017. Candidates having integrated dual degree (IDD) certificate should ensure that the date of passing the IDD is on or before 01/07/2017. Candidates possessing qualification of Chartered Accountant may also apply.
- Age limit: Not below 21 years and not above 30 years as on 01/04/2017
- Application Fee (Non Refundable): General and Others - Rs. 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges) & SC/ST/PWD - Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges only). Fee / Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Selection Procedure for Probationary Officer Job
- The marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination (Phase-I) will not be added for the selection and only the marks obtained in Main Examination (Phase-II), both in Objective Test and Descriptive Test, will be added to the marks obtained in GE& Interview (Phase-III) for preparation of the final merit list. The candidates will have to qualify both in Phase-II and Phase-III separately. Marks secured by the candidates in the Written Test (out of 250 marks) are converted to out of 75 and marks secured in Group Exercises & Interview (out of 50 marks) are converted to out of 25. The final merit list is arrived at after aggregating converted marks of Written Test and Group Exercises &Interview out of 100 for each category. The selection will be made from the top merit ranked candidates in each category. Results of the candidates who have qualified for Group Exercises & Interview and the list of candidates finally selected will be made available on the Bank's website. Final select list will be published in Employment News / Rozgar Samachar and also in Bank’s website.
SBI Probationary Officer Exam pattern & Syllabus
- English Language: 30 (Questions), 30 (Marks)
- Quantitative Aptitude: 35 (Questions), 35 (Marks)
- Reasoning Ability: 35 (Questions), 35 (Marks)
- Total Marks: 100
- Composite Time of: 1 Hour
Candidates have to qualify in each of the three tests by securing passing marks to be decided by the Bank. Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Bank (approximately 20 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be short listed for the Main Examination.
Phase–II (Main Examination): Main Examination will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 50 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- Objective Test: The objective test of 3 hours duration consist of 4 Sections for total 200 marks. The objective test will have separate timing for every section. The candidates are required to qualify in each of the Tests by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Reasoning & Computer Aptitude: 45 (Questions), 60 (Marks)
- Data Analysis & Interpretation: 35 (Questions), 60 (Marks)
- General/Economy/Banking Awareness: 40 (Questions), 40 (Marks)
- English Language: 35 (Questions), 40 (Marks)
- Total Marks: 200
- Total Duration: 3 Hours
- Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 50 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing & Essay). The candidates are required to qualify in the Descriptive Test by securing passing marks, to be decided by the Bank.
- Descriptive Test paper of only those candidates will be evaluated who have scored qualifying marks in the Objective Tests and are placed adequately high as per total marks in objective test.
How to apply:
- Advertisement No.: CRPD/PO/2016-17/19
- Commencement of on-line registration of application: 07/02/2017
- Closure of registration of application: 06/03/2017
- Last date for printing your application: 21/03/2017
- Online Fee Payment: 07/02/2017 to 06/03/2017
- Download of call letters for online Preliminary Exam: 15/04/2017 onwards
- Online Examination–Preliminary: 29 & 30/04/2017 and 06 & 07/05/17
- Result of Online exam – Preliminary: 17/05/2017
- Download of Call letter for Online Main Exam: 22/05/2017 onwards
- Conduct of Online Examination – Main: 04/06/2017
- Declaration of Result – Main: 19/06/2017
- Download Call Letter for Interview: 26/06/2017
- Conduct of Group Exercises & Interview: 10/07/2017 onward
- Declaration of Final Result: 05/08/2017
- Pre-Examination Training for SC/ST/Religious Minority Community candidates
- Download of call letters for Pre-Exam Training: 07/04/2017 onwards
- Conduct of Pre-Exam Training: 17/04/2017 to 22/04/2017