- No. of posts: 310
- Name of posts: Apprentice
- Eastern Region: 69 Posts
- Southern Region: 30 Posts
- Northern Region: 75 Posts
- Western Region: 94 Posts [Gujarat: 59 Posts]
- South Eastern Region: 42 Posts
- Educational qualification:
- Technician Apprentice (Mechanical): Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration) full time Diploma in Mechanical Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute.
- Technician Apprentice (Electrical): Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration) full time Diploma in Electrical Engineering from a Govt. recognized institute.
- Technician Apprentice (Telecommunication & Instrumentation): Three years (or two years through lateral entry after ITI of minimum one year duration) full time Diploma in any of the following disciplines of Engineering from a Govt. recognized Institute:
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering
- Electronics & Radio Communication Engineering
- Instrumentation & Control Engineering
- Electronics Engineering
- Note: The qualification prescribed shall be from a recognized University/Institute as full time, regular course in relevant disciplines with minimum 50% marks in aggregate (45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST candidates for the trades reserved for them).
- Age limit: Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years as on 16.10.2017.
- Stipend: Consolidated stipend of Rs. 7530/- per month shall be payable to the Technician Apprentices. Monthly Stipend shall be based on 90% of the semi-skilled wages of State or Central whichever is higher, for that location. Consolidated monthly stipend is subject to the periodic revision in minimum wages as applicable to a particular location. In case 90 % of the minimum wages of the semi-skilled workers for that location exceeds the current consolidated stipend of Rs. 7530/- per month, the stipend payable shall become 90 % of the minimum wages paid to semi-skilled workers + Rs. 2500 per month towards stationary, conveyance and miscellaneous expenses.
- Selection process would consist of two stages i.e Written Test & Personal Interview.
IOCL Apprentice Written Test / Exam Pattern
- Written test shall be of 85 marks and interview shall be of 15 marks.
- Written Test shall be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) consisting of 4 options with one correct option. Candidate has to choose the correct option.
- There shall be 85 questions in the Written Test and Total marks shall be 85. Each correct answer shall carry 1 mark. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- From the total 85 objective type questions, 60 questions shall be from the concerned discipline of Diploma level and 25 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English/Hindi, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge.
- Duration of Written Test shall be of 120 minutes i.e. two hours.
- Candidates can opt for the Question Paper/Test either in English or Hindi language.
- The candidates will have to qualify each stage of the selection process i.e. Written Test and Personal Interview. Minimum qualifying marks in Written Test and Interview is 40% separately. The same is relaxed by 5% to SC/ST candidates for the trades reserved for them
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Advertisement No. : PL/HR/ESTB/APPR-2017(2)
- Online application start from: 16/10/2017
- Last date for online application: 06/11/2017 (till 06:00 PM)
- Tentative date of downloading online admit card (Pipelines Division): From 20/02/2017
- Tentative date of downloading online admit card From: 16/11/2017
- Tentative date of Written Test for all disciplines: 03/12/2017
- Tentative dates for personal interview for all disciplines: 04/12/2017. May be extended to 05/12/2017 and 06/12/2017 depending on number of candidates to be interviewed.