High Court Of Gujarat Recruitment 2017
- No. of posts: 97 Regular + 32 Ad-hoc
- Name of posts: Civil Judges
- Educational qualification:
- A prospective Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India & must be practicing as an Advocate in Courts of Civil and / or Criminal Jurisdiction on the last date fixed for submission of Online Application. Candidates, who have passed the Degree in Law from the academic year 2009-2010 and onwards, must have also passed the All India Bar Examination, in order to be considered as eligible for being termed as a Practicing Advocate. OR must be working in the Courts or other Allied Departments on the last date fixed for receipt of applications.
- Must possess Certificate(s), certifying to be possessing Basic Knowledge of Computer Application / Operation, issued by a Government Institute or other recognized Institute, as set out by the Government of Gujarat in General Administrative Department Resolution No. PRCH-102005-1532-K, dated 30/09/2006 and Resolution No.CRR-10-2007-120320-G.5 dated 13/08/2008.
- Age limit: 35 years
- Fees and Mode of Payment: The candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Socially & Educationally Backward Classes or Physically Disabled Persons & Ex-servicemen shall be required to pay Application Fees of Rs.400/- (plus Bank Charges) and all other Candidates shall be required to pay fees of Rs.800/- (plus Bank Charges). The Candidatesmaking payment of such Fees, shall remit the same in Current Bank Account No. 30725811785 with the State Bank of India, High Court Complex Branch, Ahmedabad, held in the name of Registrar General, High Court of Gujarat, Sola, Ahmedabad, through any of the Core Banking Service Branches of the State Bank of India using the ‘Cash Voucher’ in the special ‘Format’, appended to this Advertisement, from 23/05/2017 to 22/06/2017 during Bank working Days and Hours.
- Final selection will be based on Elimination Test, Main Written Examination (Descriptive Type) & Viva-voce (Oral Interview) Test.
Civil Judges Scheme of Examinations & Syllabus:
- The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test):
- The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) shall be of 100 Marks, the duration whereof will be 2 Hours, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each of 01 Mark with Negative Marking
- of 0.33 Mark for each Wrong / Multiple Answer, and would be based on the following Syllabus:
- Part – A
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Gujarat Prohibition Act, 1949 (Old Bombay Prohibition Act)
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Only Chapter XVII)
- Part – B
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Limitation Act, 1963
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Constitution of India - [Part-III - Fundamental Rights (Articles 12 to 35A) & Part-IVA - Fundamental Duties]
- Part – C
- General Knowledge, English Language, Test of Reasoning, Numerical & Mental Ability and Basics of Computer Applications.
- The language of 75 Questions in the Preliminary Examination, will be English, whereas the remaining 25 Questions will be in Gujarati.
- Preliminary Examination Paper (Objective Type) shall be assessed / evaluated by the Computer, as per entries made on OMR Sheet. As the evaluation is being done on the Computer by Scanning, there is no human intervention and hence, queries relating to rechecking of the OMR Sheets, subsequent to the Preliminary Examination, will not be entertained by the High Court.
- The Candidates securing a minimum of 50% Marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be declared as eligible for being called for Main Written Examination. However, the Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination, shall not be taken into consideration for preparing the Final Merit List of the candidates.
- Main Written Examination (Descriptive Type):
- The Main Written Examination shall consist of Three Papers, based on the Syllabus given below:
- Paper- I: CRIMINAL
- Paper – II: CIVIL
- Paper – III : GUJARATI LANGUAGE
- Viva-voce (Oral Interview) Test :
- Viva-voce Test shall be of 50 Marks.
- The object of the Viva-voce Test is to assess the suitability of the Candidate for the cadre by judging the mental alertness, knowledge of law, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, skills, attitude, ethics, power of assimilation, power of communication, character and intellectual depth and the like, of the Candidate.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Advertisement No.: RC/0719/2017
- Starting date for submission of On-line application 23/05/2017 (12.00 noon)
- Closing date for submission of On-line application 22/06/2017 (23:59 Hrs.)
- Date of Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test): 13/08/2017
- Date of Main Written Examination: 10/09/2017
- Viva-voce Test (Oral Interview): Month of October / November-2017