- No. of Posts: 81
- Name of Posts: Specialists / Experts
- Discipline wise Vacancy
- Chemistry: 11 Posts
- Civil: 02 Posts
- Drilling: 04 Posts
- Electrical: 01 Post
- Environment: 01 Post
- Geology: 10 Posts
- Geophysicist (W): 08 Posts
- Geophysicist (S): 17 Posts
- Mechanical: 02 Posts
- Palaeontology: 01 Post
- Production: 19 Posts
- Reservoir: 05 Posts
- Educational Qualification: Various Engineering degree. The courses offered by Institutions/ Universities through the regular mode should be approved/ recognized by the necessary statutory bodies for employment to posts and services under the Central Government like Association of Indian Universities (AIU)/UGC/AICTE etc. Candidates who have obtained their qualification through distance learning/ part time mode are also eligible to apply provided their qualification is recognized by the relevant statutory bodies for employment to posts and services of the Central Government.
- Age Limit: Various (See details in official advertisement)
- Selection will be on the basis of Educational Qualification, Experience and performance in personal Interview. Candidates can only be called for interview provided they are shortlisted as per the shortlisted criteria of the applied post. The general shortlisting criteria would be as follows:
- Sr. No.: A.
- Marks for minimum prescribed experience in Upstream Oil and Gas Industry: 40 Marks
- Additional 02 marks for each additional completed year of experience in Upstream Oil and Gas Industry: 10 Marks
- Sr. No.: B
- Marks for minimum prescribed experience in area of expertise: 40 Marks
- Additional 02 marks for each additional completed year of experience in area of expertise: 10 Marks
- Total Marks: 100
- In case the number of candidates meeting the eligibility criteria and also possessing relevant experience certificates is more than five times the number of posts, such candidates shall be limited to five times the number of post based on the marks of shortlisting in order of merit.
- Shortlisting and selection will be based on the details provided by the candidate along with scanned certificates uploaded; hence, it is necessary that applicants should furnish only accurate, full and correct information. Furnishing of wrong / false information or certificate will be a disqualification and ONGC will NOT be responsible for any consequence of furnishing of such wrong/false information or certificate
- The final selection of the candidates shall be in on the following distribution of marks:-
- Qualification: 30 marks ( 20 marks for minimum qualification., 3 marks for addl. higher inline qualification, addl. 3 marks for Ph.D. and addl. 3 marks(Maximum) for papers(one mark for every paper) published only in international/national journals or 3 Marks for certification for certain posts given as preference. In case a candidate also possesses the preferred qualification, he shall be awarded 1 mark irrespective of the fact that it may already have secured 3 marks for inline higher qualification.
- Experience: Maximum 40 marks (Weightage of the marks of shortlisting criteria)
- Interview: 30 marks.
- Total: 100 marks
- In order to qualify in the interview, General and OBC candidate must obtain a minimum of 60% marks and SC/ST candidate must obtain a minimum of 40% marks.
How to Apply
- Interested candidates may apply Online through the website www.ongcindia.com
- Advertisement No.: 8/2017 (R&P)
- Start Date for receiving online application: 13/10/2017 (started 12:00 Noon)
- Last date for receipt of online application: 03/11/2017 (till 12:00 hrs.)