High Court Of Gujarat Published The Provisional List of Candidates, prima facie, found eligible, for appearing in the Preliminary Examination (Objective Type) (Elimination Test), for the Direct Recruitment to the Cadre of Civil Judge, scheduled for 13/08/2017, Sunday. You can view list of candidates who are for selected for preliminary exam are as under.
- Advertisement No.: RC/0719/2017
- Date of Preliminary Examination: 13/08/2017
- Name of Post: Civil Judge
Civil Judges Scheme of Examinations & Syllabus:
- The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test):
- The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) shall be of 100 Marks, the duration whereof will be 2 Hours, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each of 01 Mark with Negative Marking
- of 0.33 Mark for each Wrong / Multiple Answer, and would be based on the following Syllabus:
- Part – A
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Gujarat Prohibition Act, 1949 (Old Bombay Prohibition Act)
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Only Chapter XVII)
- Part – B
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Limitation Act, 1963
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Constitution of India - [Part-III - Fundamental Rights (Articles 12 to 35A) & Part-IVA - Fundamental Duties]
- Part – C
- General Knowledge, English Language, Test of Reasoning, Numerical & Mental Ability and Basics of Computer Applications.
- The language of 75 Questions in the Preliminary Examination, will be English, whereas the remaining 25 Questions will be in Gujarati.
- Preliminary Examination Paper (Objective Type) shall be assessed / evaluated by the Computer, as per entries made on OMR Sheet. As the evaluation is being done on the Computer by Scanning, there is no human intervention and hence, queries relating to rechecking of the OMR Sheets, subsequent to the Preliminary Examination, will not be entertained by the High Court.
- The Candidates securing a minimum of 50% Marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be declared as eligible for being called for Main Written Examination. However, the Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination, shall not be taken into consideration for preparing the Final Merit List of the candidates.
- Main Written Examination (Descriptive Type):
- The Main Written Examination shall consist of Three Papers, based on the Syllabus given below:
- Paper- I: CRIMINAL
- Paper – II: CIVIL
- Paper – III : GUJARATI LANGUAGE
- Viva-voce (Oral Interview) Test :
- Viva-voce Test shall be of 50 Marks.
- The object of the Viva-voce Test is to assess the suitability of the Candidate for the cadre by judging the mental alertness, knowledge of law, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, skills, attitude, ethics, power of assimilation, power of communication, character and intellectual depth and the like, of the Candidate.
High Court of Gujarat Eligible Candidates Names List
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.