GSET Notification 2017
- Exam Name: Gujarat State Eligibility Test (GSET)
- Educational qualification:
- Only those candidates are eligible to appear in the GSET who have completed/are studying in the final year or semester of a UGC specified Master' s degree.
- Candidates who have secured at least 55% marks (General) (without rounding off) in Master’s Degree OR equivalent examination from universities/institutions recognised by UGC in Humanities (including languages) and Social Science, Computer Science & Applications, Sciences are eligible for this Test. The Other Backward Classes (OBC) belonging to non-creamy layer / Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/ Physically Handicapped (PH)/ Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates who have secured at least 50% marks (without rounding off) in Master’s degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this Test.
- Application Fee: The candidate should download and fill the Bank Challan Form in triplicate (Bank Copy, GSET Copy & Candidate's Copy) and after 24 hours of generation of challan, submit it in any branch of Corporation Bank, within the State of Gujarat or outside State of Gujarat, along with the necessary Examination fee of Rs. 800/- (General & OBC) and Rs. 700/-(ST/SC/PH) candidates, and the Bank fee of Rs.25/-. Please note that Fee submitted through any other mode like Money Order, Cheque, Pay Order, IPO etc. will be summarily rejected. "Online Registration for GSET Examination" is mandatory, immediately after the payment of fee in the bank.
Exam pattern & Syllabus
- The Test will consist of three papers. All the three papers will consist of only objective type questions and will be held in two separate sessions. (See details by following link)
How to apply:
- Candidate has to visit the GSET website to fill up the Application Form Online. Please fill correct information carefully in the online application form and follow the on screen instructions for filling up application form. Confirm that your Name, Subject, Centre, Category, Physically or Visually disability, recent passport size photo scanned in JPEG format and not be more then 100kb and all other details filled are correct. Otherwise no correction will be made after you submit the application form. Gujarat SET Office will not be responsible for loss arising out of these to the candidates. After successful submission and confirmation, the candidate should take printout of filled online Application Form and Computerised Bank Challan on A-4 size paper only. It is mandatory for the candidate to keep and preserve printout of filled online Application Form with him/her for future reference.After Online Registration and downloading online application form and Bank Challan to pay examination fee, Candidates can deposit the requisite fee in any branch of Bank of Baroda, on next working day of online registration & generating the challan from GSET Website.
- Starting of Online Registration: 29/04/2017 (from - morning 11.00 hrs)
- Starting of Fee Collection: 01/05/2017
- Last day for Online Application and Bank Challan Generation: 08/06/2017 (till - evening 06.00 hrs).
- Last day for Fee Collection: 09/06/2017
- Gujarat SET Examination Date: 27/08/2017