UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist And Geologist Exam 2017
Union Public Service Commotion (UPSC) published Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfil all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission. Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
- No. of Posts: 138
- Name of posts: Combined Geo - Scientist and Geologist Exam
- Category I: (Posts in the Geological Survey of India, Ministry of Mines).
- Geologist (Group A): 40 Posts
- Geophysicist (Group A): 40 Posts
- Chemist (Group A): 25 Posts
- Category II: (Posts in the Central Groundwater Board , Ministry of Water Resources)
- Jr. Hydrogeologists (Scientist B) (Group A): 33 Posts
- Educational qualification: Various Degree (See details in official advertisement)
- Age limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the first day of the month of January of the year in which the Examination is to be held (i.e. as on 1st January, 2017] i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1985 and not later than 1st January 1996.
- Application Fee: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/-(Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/ State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Ba n k o f Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/ Debit Card.
- Final selection will be based on written examination & Interview.
- Part I - Written examination in the subjects as set out in para 2 below.
- Part II.- Interview/ Personality Test of such candidates as may be called by the Commission, carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
Related: UPSC NDA NA Examination (I) 2017
How to apply:
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
- Examination Notice No.: 05/2017-GEOL
- Online application start from: 08/02/2017
- Last date for online application: 03/03/2017 (till 06:00 PM)
- Written Exam Date: 12/05/2017
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.