High Court Elimination Test 2017
High Court of Gujarat published Provisional List of Candidates, for appearing in the Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test), for the Direct Recruitment to the Cadre of Civil Judge, scheduled for 29/01/2017, Sunday. You can view eligible candidates list by following link. You can view official advertisement, exam syllabus by mention below.
Details of Posts:
- Advt. No.: No. RC/0719/2016
- Date of Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test): 29/01/2017
- Name of Post: Civil Judges
Syllabus of Civil Judges Elimination Test 2016
The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) shall be of 100 Marks, the duration whereof will be 2 Hours, consisting of Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each of 01 Mark with Negative Marking of 0.33 Mark for each Wrong / Multiple Answer, and would be based on the following Syllabus:
- Part – A
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Gujarat Prohibition Act, 1949 (Old Bombay Prohibition Act)
- The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 (Only Chapter XVII)
- Part – B
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Limitation Act, 1963
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Constitution of India - [Part-III - Fundamental Rights (Articles 12 to 35A) & Part-IVA - Fundamental Duties]
- Part – C
- General Knowledge, English Language, Test of Reasoning, Numerical & Mental Ability and Basics of Computer Applications.
- The language of 75 Questions in the Preliminary Examination, will be English, whereas the remaining 25 Questions will be in Gujarati.
- Preliminary Examination Paper (Objective Type) shall be assessed / evaluated by the Computer, as per entries made on OMR Sheet. As the evaluation is being done on the Computer by Scanning, there is no human intervention and hence, queries relating to rechecking of the OMR Sheets, subsequent to the Preliminary Examination, will not be entertained by the High Court.
- The Candidates securing a minimum of 50% Marks in the Preliminary Examination shall be declared as eligible for being called for Main Written Examination. However, the Marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination, shall not be taken into consideration for preparing the Final Merit List of the candidates.
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.