- No. of Posts: 33
- Name of Posts: Fireman (Erstwhile Fireman Gr. II and Gr. I)
- Educational Qualification: Matriculation or equivalent from a recognized Board / Institution.
- Age limit: Not exceeding 56 years as on closing date of receipt of application
- Pay Scale: PB-1, Rs 5200-20200/-, 1900 (GP)
Mode of Selection
- Physical Fitness Test: All eligible candidates will have to undergo physical fitness test as per standards specified at para 2(d), above. Exact date, time and venue will be communicated to the eligible applicants by mail/post.
- Provisional Appointment Letter: The appointment of provisionally selected candidates will be strictly based on the merit position based on performance, subject to satisfaction of Document Verification, Medical Examination and other requirement as specified by the Government of India and Appointing Authority.
- Document Verification: All relevant documents pertaining to, age, education, identity, address, category, caste, Service etc. will be scrutinized and verified prior to provisional appointment as per extant DOP&T policy. Date and venue for document verification will be intimated to the provisionally selected candidates on their e-mail IDs / by post.
- Must be physically fit and capable of performing strenuous duties and must pass the test specified below:
- Height without shoes: 165 cms. Provided that a concession 2.5 cms Heights shall be allowed for members of the Scheduled Tribes.
- Chest (Un-expanded): 81.5 cms. | Chest (on-expansion): 85 cms.
- Weight: 50 Kgs. (Minimum)
- Endurance Test:
- Carrying a man (fireman lift of 63.5 Kgs. to a distance of 183 meters within 96 seconds)
- Clearing 2.7 meters wide ditch landing on both feet (long jump)
- Climbing 3 meters vertical rope using hand and feet
How to Apply
- The Application should be in plain paper (A4 Size) (good quality paper should be used) either neatly hand written or typed as per the prescribed format, affixed with latest passport size colour photograph duly self attested. The envelop must be clearly superscribed on the top as APPLICATION FOR THE POST OF FIREMAN (ERSTWHILE FM- GR.II AND FM- GR.I) BY TRANSFER (NOW ABSORPTION) and sent by Registered/Speed Post only to given below address.
- Notification Date: Published in Weekly Employment Newspaper Dated (04-10 November, 2017)
- Last date for online application: The last date of receipt of application through proper channel i.e through Head of Office/Establishment is 42 days from date of publication of advertisement in Employment News and the last date of receipt of Application from the candidates residing in Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Mizoram, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of Jammu and Kashmir State, Lahaul and Spiti District and Pangi sub-division of Chamba District of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep will be 49 days from the date of publication of advertisement in Employment News.