UPSC IES / ISS Examination 2017
- No. of posts: 44
- Name of posts:
- Indian Economic Service (IES): 15 Posts
- Indian Statistical Service (ISS): 29 Posts
- Educational qualification:
- Indian Economic Service
- Post-Graduate Degree in Economics / Applied Economics / Business Economics / Econometrics from a University incorporated by of an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- Indian Statistical Service:
- Bachelor's Degree with Statistics / Mathematical Statistics / Applied Statistics as one of the subject or a Master's degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics / Applied Statistics from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government from time to time.
- Age limit: 21 to 30 ((as on 01/08/2017)
- Application Fee: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.200/- (Rupees Two Hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
- Selection will be based on Written Examination and Interview Test.
UPSC IES / ISS Scheme of Examination:
- The Indian Economic Service/Indian Statistical Service Examination will be conducted in two stages:
- The written exam carrying a maximum of 1000 marks.
- The Viva voce (oral exam) carrying a maximum of 200 marks.
- There will be negative marking for wrong answers by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- All question papers must be answered in English
How to apply:
- Candidates are required to apply Online using the www.upsconline.nic.in Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above-mentioned website.
- Examination No.: NO.04/2017-IES/ISS
- Online application start from: 08/02/2017
- Last date for online application: 03/03/2017 (till 06:00 PM)
- Written exam date: 12/05/2017