High Court of Gujarat District Judge Recruitment 2017
- No. of posts: 42
- Name of posts: District Judge
- Educational qualification:
- Candidate must possess a Degree in Law from a University recognized by law in India.
- Candidate must be a practising Advocate in Courts of Civil and/or Criminal jurisdiction on the last date fixed for submission of On-line Applications and must have so practiced for a period not less than Seven Years, as on 31/03/2017.
- Candidate must possess Basic Knowledge of Computer Application /Operation, as set out by the Government of Gujarat in General Administration Department Resolution No. PRCH-102005-1532-K, dated 30/09/2006 and CRR-10-2007-120320-G.5, dated 13/08/2008.
- Age limit: A candidate must have attained the age of 35 years and must not have attained the age of 48 years
- Application Fee:
- The candidates belonging to General Category are required to pay Examination Fees of Rs.1000/- plus Bank Charges whereas Rs.500/- plus Bank Charges are required to paid by the Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribes, Socially & Educationally Backward Classes, Orthopedically Disabled Persons and Ex-Servicemen Categories. The candidates making payment of Fees, shall remit the same, in Current Bank Account No. 30725811785 with the State Bank of India, High Court Complex Branch, Sola, Ahmedabad, held in the name of Registrar, High Court of Gujarat, through any of the Core Banking Service Branches of the State Bank of India, using the Cash Voucher in the Special Format appended to this Detailed Advertisement, from 01/03/2017 to 31/03/2017, during the Bank working Days and Hours of the said Bank.
- Application Fees once paid, shall not be refunded in any circumstances.
- Application without payment of Application Fee will be treated as invalid
- Pay Scale: Rs. 51,650-63,260 + Allowances
- Selection will be based on preliminary exam, competitive exam, main written exam & Viva – voce (Personal Interview)
High Court District Judge Scheme of examination & syllabus:
- Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) (Tentatively scheduled on 30th April - 2017):
- The Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test) based on a ‘Computer Based (Online) Examination System’ shall consist of 2 Papers - (each of 100 Marks & 2 Hours’ duration), based Syllabus:
- Paper-I (Law):
- The Constitution of India
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908, The Transfer of Property Act, 1882, The Specific Relief Act, 1963, The Indian Partnership Act, 1932, The Indian Contract Act, 1872, The Sale of Goods Act, 1930, The Limitation Act, 1963.
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860, The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973, The Indian Evidence Act, 1872, The Narcotic Drugs & Psychotropic Substances Act, 1985, The Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881.
- Legal Maxims
- Medical Jurisprudence
- Jurisprudence and Legal Phraseology
- Paper-II (English, General Knowledge & Awareness):
- English Language
- General Knowledge
- Current Affairs
- Indian History and Geography
- Basics of Science and Technology
- Analytical Reasoning /Mental Ability
- Basic Knowledge of Computer Operation / Application
- The language of the 'Question Papers' of the Preliminary Examination, will be English.
- The candidates who secure 50% and above Marks in the Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test), shall be eligible for being called for the Main Written Examination. However, the Marks obtained in Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test), shall not be taken into consideration for preparing the Final Merit of the candidates.
- Competitive Examination: Main Written Examination (Descriptive Type): (Tentatively scheduled on 2nd July - 2017)
- Viva–voce Test (Personal Interview) : (Tentatively scheduled in the month of August/September, 2017).
- Viva-voce Test shall be of 50 Marks.
- The object of the Viva-voce Test is to assess the suitability of the candidate for the cadre, by judging the mental alertness, knowledge of law, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, skills, attitude, ethics, power of assimilation, power of communication, character and intellectual depth, analytical ability and the like, of the candidate.
- For being eligible to be included in the Select List, the candidate must have obtained minimum 40% Marks in Viva-voce Test.
- Preparation of Select List: Selection of candidates shall be made on the basis of Aggregate Marks obtained by the candidates in the Main Written Examination & Viva-voce/ Personal Interview. However, the Marks obtained in Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test), shall not be taken into consideration for preparing the Final Merit List of the candidates.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Advertisement No.: RC/1250/2017
- Online application start from: 01/03/2017 (12:00 Noon)
- Last date for online application: 31/03/2017 (till 11:59 PM)
- Date of Preliminary Examination (Elimination Test): 30/04/2017
- Date of Main Written Examination: 02/07/2017
- Date of Viva-voce Test (Personal Interview): August / September, 2017