Indian Institute of Science (IISC) published notification for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE), 2017. Online forms for GATE examination will be started from 01 September at official website. Admission to Postgraduate Courses (Master’s and Doctoral) in the country, with MHRD and other Government Scholarships / Assistantships in Engineering / Technology / Architecture / Science, is open to those who qualify in GATE You can view official notification by following link.
Name of Examination: Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE)
- Bachelor’s degree holders in Engineering/ Technology (4 years after 10+2 or 3 years after Diploma in Engineering/Technology) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Architecture (Five years course) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Bachelor’s degree holders of Four-year program in Science (B.S.) and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Master’s degree holders in any branch of Science / Mathematics / Statistics/Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.
- Holders of Four-year Integrated Master’s degree (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/Technology and those in the second or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year Integrated Master’s degree or Dual Degree in Engineering / Technology and those in the fourth or higher year of such programs.
- Holders of Five-year integrated M.Sc. or Five year integrated B.Sc./M.Sc. degree and those in the final year of such programs.
- Candidates with qualifications obtained through examinations conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech. Those who have completed section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional courses are also eligible.
Application Fee: Rs. 1500 for all other candidates, Rs. 750/- for the SC / ST / PwD category candidates; Rs. 750 for women candidates. The application fee has to be paid only online either through e-challan or through net banking.
Admit Card: The Admit Card can only be downloaded from the GATE portal from 5th January 2017 (tentative).
How to apply: Candidates must first register yourself on GOAPS Get password and re-login and fill personal information, Address for Communication with PIN code, Eligible degree details, College address with Pin code, GATE paper choice, Upload Image of scan password photograph and signature, Degree Certificates fill details of ID Proof which you will carry to the examination hall Applications are invite online through online application processing system (GOAPS)
- GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens: 01/09/2016
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website: 04/10/2016 (till 23:59 Hrs)
- Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of City: 16/11/2016
- Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing: 05/01/2017
- GATE 2017 Online Examination: 04/02/2017 & 05/02/2017, 11/02/2017 & 12/02/2017
- GATE 2017 Exam Time: Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM & Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
- Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website: 27/03/2016 at 06:00 PM
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.