High Court Of Gujarat, Sola Ahemdabad published notification for recruitment for 17 Legal Assistants on the establishment of the High Court of Gujarat, on a Fixed Remuneration of Rs.15,000/- p.m., purely on ad-hoc and contractual basis, initially for a period of 11 months, extendable on periodical basis, upto a maximum period of 3 Years. View more information about recruitment for e.g. educational qualification, selection process, no of posts, name of posts, how to apply, important dates, important links all are as under.
- No. of posts: 17 posts
- Name of posts: Legal Assistants
- Educational qualification: Degree in Law from any University in India or any Institution recognized by the University Grants Commission. Candidates studying in the Fifth Year of a Five Year Law Course, can also apply for the said Post, and their final selection would be subject to their passing of the Fifth Year examination of LL.B., prior to their Appointment. Basic Knowledge of Computer Application / Operation.
- Acquaintance of vernacular Language: The job of a Legal Assistant would require the candidate concerned, to carry out extensive research work and preparing notes, forming opinions, comments, etc., on legal issues, by interpreting the vernacular Gujarati Language, which would therefore, require acquaintance of the said vernacular Language.
- Age limit: 18 to 35 years
- Application Fee: 250/-
- Remuneration: The Candidates selected are presently entitled to draw a Fixed Honorarium
- of Rs. 15,000/- per month, without any additional Allowances, benefits, perquisites, facilities or increments, as stipulated in the Government Resolution, Legal Department No. HCT/102004/4015/D, dated 14/10/2011.
- Final selection will be based on Written test & Computer based online examination.
High Court of Gujarat Exam Syllabus
- The Written Test (Objective Type - MCQs) , shall be conducted at Ahmedabad at the Centre(s), as may be decided by the High Court, comprising of 100 Marks, of 2 hours’ duration, consisting of 100 - Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) each of 01 Mark, with Negative Marking of 0.25 Mark for each Wrong Answer. The Syllabus for said Written Test (Objective Type - MCQs), shall be as follows:
- The Constitution of India
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908
- The Indian Penal Code, 1860
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872
- The Indian Contract Act, 1872
- The Specific Relief Act, 1963
- The Transfer of Property Act, 1882
- The Limitation Act, 1963
- General Knowledge
- English Language
- Computer Skills/Applications knowledge
- General I.Q. Test
How to apply:
- All eligible Candidates after payment of their requisite Examination Fees in the Bank Account as mentioned in Para No.5(a) above, should apply ‘On-line’, through the link provided in High Court Website http://hcojas.guj.nic.in, in the prescribed format from 01/04/2017 to 15/04/2017.Please note that the last date for submission of On-line Application is 15/04/2017 till 23:59 hours.
- Online application start from: 01/04/2017
- Last date for online application: 15/04/2017
- Download ‘e-Call-letters’ for Written Test (Objective Type - MCQs): Preceding week of Written Test
- Tentative Date of Written Test (Objective Type - MCQs): 18/06/2017
- Download of ‘e-Call-letters’ for Viva-voce Test: Preceding week of Viva-voce Test
- Date of Viva-voce Test: Month of July/August - 2017
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.