- No. of posts: 980 posts
- Name of posts:
- Indian Administrative Service
- Indian Foreign Service
- Indian Police Service
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group 'A'
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Post of Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group 'A' (Gr. III)
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group "A"
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group 'B'
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes. Scheduled Tribes,
Other Backward Classes and Physically Disabled Categories in respect of vacancies as may be
fixed by the Government.
- Educational qualification: The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Age limit: 21 years to 32 years
- Application Fee: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH Candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred only) either by remitting the money in any Branch of SBI by Cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India/ State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur/Sate Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/ State Bank of Patiala /State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card. Applicants who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only. "Pay by Cash” mode will be deactivated at 23:59 hours of 16/03/2017 i.e. one day before the closing date; however applicants who have generated their Pay-in- Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date. Such applicants who are unable to pay by cash on the closing date i.e during banking hours at SBI Branch, for reasons whatsoever, even if holding valid pay-in-slip will have no other offline option but to opt for available online Debit/Credit Card or Internet Banking payment mode on the closing date i.e. till 18:00 Hours of 17/03/2017
UPSC Civil Services Exam Pattern 2017:
Civil Services Preliminary (CSP) Exam Pattern
- Preliminary exam contains two papers.
- Exam type: MCQ based (Objective types)
- Paper 1: General Studies Paper 1 - 200 Marks
- Paper 2: General Studies Paper 2 (Aptitude Test) - 200 Marks
Civil Service Main Exam Pattern
- Main exam contains
- Paper - I - Essay: 250 marks
- Paper - II - General Studies-I,: 250 marks
- Paper - III - General Studies-II: 250 marks
- Paper - IV - General Studies-III: 250 marks
- Paper - V - General Studies-IV: 250 marks
- Paper - VI - Optional Subject -Paper - 1: 250 marks
- Paper - VII - Optional Subject -Paper - 2: 250 marks
- Sub Total (Written test): 1750 marks
- Personality test: 275 marks
- Grand total: 2025 marks
UPSC CSP Syllabus 2017
CSP Paper 1 syllabus:
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
- General Science.
CSP Paper 2 syllabus:
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc...) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc... - Class X level)
- Questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level (last item in the Syllabus of Paper-II) will be tested through passages from English language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Online application start from: 22/02/2017
- Last date for online application: 17/03/2017