- Name of posts: Engineers/Officers
- Educational qualification:
- Engineering Disciplines
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only) in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2017.
- Candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE/ B.Tech in one of the above mentioned disciplines and should appear in GATE-2017 examination in the discipline of their BE/ B.Tech, are eligible to apply.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed (or are completing) the course requirement for award of BE/ B.Tech in one of the core disciplines advertised above and have completed (or are completing ME/ M.Tech by August, 2017). At the end of the programme, if selected in IndianOil, such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degree. If a candidate pursues integrated ME/M.Tech Programmes and is awarded two separate degrees ie. BE/B.Tech and ME/M/Tech, then the % of marks/CGPA obtained by the candidates in BE/BTech will be considered to determine the eligibility of the candidates. If a single degree ie ME/M.Tech is awarded to the candidates at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme, then the consolidated marks obtained by the candidate at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility.
- Candidates completed /pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined/ integrated disciplines/ inter-disciplinary subjects like Mechatronics/ Robotics etc will not be eligible.
- Age limit: Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2017 for general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the residential Directives.
- Physical Fitness :Candidates desirous of seeking employment with Indian Oil need to be medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link.
- http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Pre- employment_Guiding_Principles.pdf
- Final selection will be based on Interview/test.
How to apply:
- Stage -1
- On-line registration for GATE- 2017 examination
- Stage - 2
- On-line application in Indian Oil with GATE-2017 registration number after down loading GATE-2017 admit card.
- On-line registration for GATE-2017 examination
- The on-line application site of GATE-2017 will remain open till 4th October,2016
- GATE-2017 will be on-line examination and will take place during 4th , 5th February, 2017 and 11th and 12th February, 2017. For detailed information on GATE-2017, interested candidates may log on to http://gate.iitr.ernet.in or on the websites of IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and IISc, Bangalore).
- Candidates are required to apply/register ONLINE for GATE-2017 using GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- GATE-2017 admit cards containing GATE-2017 registration number will be available for printing from GOAPS website from 5th January,2017.
- Last date for online application: 12/02/2017
- GATE-2017 Online Examination: 04 & 05/02/2017, 11 & 12/02/2017