Indian Oil Limited (IOL) published notification for recruitment for Engineers/ Officers through GATE-2017. View more information about Indian Oil Limited (IOL) for e.g. educational qualification, selection process, age limit, physical fitness details, name of posts, how to apply, apply online details, important dates, important links all are as under.
- Name of posts: Engineers/Officers
- Educational qualification:
- Engineering Disciplines
- Candidates should have passed qualifying degree examinations and awarded bachelor’s degree in engineering/technology (full time regular courses only) in the above mentioned disciplines from recognized Indian Universities / Institutes.
- Candidates, belonging to General and OBC (non- creamy layer) categories, should have secured minimum 65% marks in qualifying degree examinations.
- Qualifying marks is relaxed to 55% for Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe(ST)/People with Disability (PWD) candidates.
- Candidates currently in final year of their engineering studies may also apply. However, if selected, they must be in a position to submit their final mark sheet by 31st August, 2017.
- Candidates pursuing/ completed M.Tech in any disciplines, other than those mentioned above, for being eligible, must have completed (or are completing) BE/ B.Tech in one of the above mentioned disciplines and should appear in GATE-2017 examination in the discipline of their BE/ B.Tech, are eligible to apply.
- Integrated ME/ M.Tech candidates will be eligible, if they have already completed (or are completing) the course requirement for award of BE/ B.Tech in one of the core disciplines advertised above and have completed (or are completing ME/ M.Tech by August, 2017). At the end of the programme, if selected in IndianOil, such candidates must have both BE/B.Tech and ME/M.Tech degree. If a candidate pursues integrated ME/M.Tech Programmes and is awarded two separate degrees ie. BE/B.Tech and ME/M/Tech, then the % of marks/CGPA obtained by the candidates in BE/BTech will be considered to determine the eligibility of the candidates. If a single degree ie ME/M.Tech is awarded to the candidates at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme, then the consolidated marks obtained by the candidate at the end of integrated ME/M.Tech programme will be reckoned for deciding the eligibility.
- Candidates completed /pursuing their graduation (BE/B.Tech) in combined/ integrated disciplines/ inter-disciplinary subjects like Mechatronics/ Robotics etc will not be eligible.
- Age limit: Maximum 26 years as on 30th June, 2017 for general category candidates. Age relaxation for OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/SC/ST/PWD candidates will be applicable as per the residential Directives.
- Physical Fitness :Candidates desirous of seeking employment with Indian Oil need to be medically fit as per Indian Oil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the ‘Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre-employment medical Examination’ before they commence the application process. The guidelines are available in the following link.
- http://www.iocl.com/PeopleCareers/Pre- employment_Guiding_Principles.pdf
- Final selection will be based on Interview/test.
How to apply:
- Stage -1
- On-line registration for GATE- 2017 examination
- Stage - 2
- On-line application in Indian Oil with GATE-2017 registration number after down loading GATE-2017 admit card.
- On-line registration for GATE-2017 examination
- The on-line application site of GATE-2017 will remain open till 4th October,2016
- GATE-2017 will be on-line examination and will take place during 4th , 5th February, 2017 and 11th and 12th February, 2017. For detailed information on GATE-2017, interested candidates may log on to http://gate.iitr.ernet.in or on the websites of IITs (Bombay, Delhi, Guwahati, Kanpur, Kharagpur, Madras and IISc, Bangalore).
- Candidates are required to apply/register ONLINE for GATE-2017 using GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS).
- GATE-2017 admit cards containing GATE-2017 registration number will be available for printing from GOAPS website from 5th January,2017.
- Last date for online application: 12/02/2017
- GATE-2017 Online Examination: 04 & 05/02/2017, 11 & 12/02/2017
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.