Indian Army invited from eligible male candidates for recruitment of Religious Teachers in Indian Army as Jr. Commissioned Officer to troops and conduct various rituals at Regimental / Unit religious institutions. Their duties also include attending funerals, ministering to the sick in Hospitals, reading prayers with the convalescents, visiting soldiers undergoing sentence, giving special religious instructions to the children and enlisted boys besides attending generally to the religious institutions and welfare of the Officers, Soldiers and their families. You can view official advertisement by following link.
No. of posts: 72
Name of posts:
- Religious Teachers (Commissioned Officer):
- Pandit: 59 Posts
- Granthi: 06 Posts
- Pandhit (Gorkha): 02 Posts
- Maulvi (Shia): 02 Posts
- Bodh Mon (Mahayana): 03 Posts
Educational qualification: The minimum educational qualification for appointment to Jr. Commissioned Officer (Religious Teacher) will be Graduate in any discipline from a recognized university. (more details in official advertisement)
- Civilian Candidates: 27 to 34 years (as on 01/10/2017) (Born between 01 Oct 1983 to 01 Oct 1990, inclusive of the said date).
- Serving Combatants or Remuneration: 25 to 34 years (as on 01/10/2017) (Born between 01 Oct 1983 to 01 Oct 1992, inclusive of the said date).
Selection process: Final selection will be based on written examination & Interview.
- Height - 160 cms
- Chest - 77 cms
- Weight - 50 kg
- Physical Fitness Test - Candidates should be able to run 1600 meter in 08 Minutes.
Written Examination & Interview: Screened candidates will be put through written examination which will be conducted on 26th Feb 2017 and will comprise of two as follows:
- Paper - I (Marks-100): Common to candidates of all Religious denominations. Only a qualifying exam and marks not counted while preparation or merit list for appearing in the interview or final selection pass marks 40%
- Paper - II (Marks-100): Specific to particular religious denominations to which the candidate beings. Candidates to secure minimum 40% marks to be eligible for interview.
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Online application start from: 10/10/2016 (started 10:00 AM)
- Last date for online application: 08/11/2016 (till 05:00 PM)
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.