- No. of Posts: 470
- Name of Posts: Trade / Technical Apprentices
- State wise Posts
- Delhi: 58 Posts
- Haryana: 75 Posts
- Himachal Pradesh: 17 Posts
- Jammu & Kashmir: 13 Posts
- Punjab: 42 Posts
- Rajasthan: 54 Posts
- Uttar Pradesh: 185 Posts
- Uttarakhand: 26 Posts
- Educational Qualification:
- For Trade / Discipline, applicants with qualifications in Core branches only shall be considered.
- Reservation will be applicable as per the prescribed percentage for recruitment applicable to the state where Apprentices are engaged
- Period of Apprenticeship- -12 months
- Reservation for Persons with Disability will be as follows:
- Trade Apprentices – B.Sc., Discipline Code (108, 208, 508, 608 & 708)
- OH (One arm affected or one leg affected) or HH (Partially deaf) –only shall be eligible for Trade Apprentice - Laboratory Assistant (Chemical Plant)
- For Trade Apprentice: The prescribed qualification shall be from a recognized University / Institute as a full time, regular course in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates against reserved positions.
- For Technician Apprentice: The prescribed qualification shall be from a recognized University / Institute as a full time, regular / sandwich Diploma course in Engineering in relevant discipline with minimum 50% marks in aggregate for General & OBC candidates and 45% marks in aggregate in case of SC/ST/PWD candidates against reserved positions.
- The candidates should NOT have undergone Apprenticeship earlier or pursuing Apprenticeship Training as per the Apprentices Act, 1961 as amended from time to time.
- Candidates, who have training or job experience for a period of one year or more after acquiring the prescribed qualifications etc, shall NOT be eligible for being engaged as Technician Apprentice.
- The applicant for the position of Technician Apprentices should NOT have completed three years after passing of the qualifying examination as on 31.10.2017.
- Age limit: Minimum 18 years and maximum 24 years.
- Stipend: Based on 90% of the semiskilled wages of State or Central, whichever is higher, revised periodically. An additional ` 2500/- shall be paid.
- Final selection for engagement of apprentices will be based on aggregate of Written Test and Personal Interview marks. Candidates, in the order of merit will be offered the apprenticeship.
IOCL Apprentice Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Selection process would consist of two stages i.e. Written test and Personal Interview.
- Written test shall be of 85 marks and interview shall be of 15 marks.
- Written Test shall be of Objective Type Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ’s) consisting of 4 options with one correct option. Candidate has to choose the correct option.
- There shall be 85 questions in the Written Test and Total marks shall be 85. Each correct answer shall carry 1 mark. There shall be no negative marking for wrong answers.
- From the total 85 objective type questions, 50 questions shall be from the concerned discipline and 35 questions on General Aptitude and Reasoning, General English/Hindi, Numerical Aptitude and General Knowledge.
- Duration of Written Test shall be of 120 minutes i.e. two hours.
- Candidates can opt for the Question Paper/Test either in English or Hindi language.
- The candidates will have to qualify each stage of the selection process i.e. Written Test and Personal Interview. Minimum qualifying marks in Written Test and Interview is 40% separately. The same is relaxed by 5% for SC/ST/PWD candidates against the reserved post.
- Candidates securing minimum qualifying marks in the Written Test and in the order of merit will be called to attend Personal Interview in the ratio of 1:3 for each seat. If there is a tie in scores secured by the candidate in the written test, then all candidates with same score shall be invited, even if the short listing ratio exceeds the prescribed limit.
How to Apply
- The candidates meeting the prescribed eligibility criteria may apply online.
- Advertisement. No. IOCL/MKTG/NR/HR/SKILL DVLPMNT/1718
- Date of Opening of Online Application: 17/11/2017
- Last Date of Submission of Online Application: 26/11/2017