- No. of Post: 21
- Name of Post: Sports Person (Sports Quota)
- Name of the Discipline
- Badminton(Men) : 01 Post
- Badminton (Women): 01 Post
- Boxing(Men-69 Kg) : 01 Post
- Bridge (Men): 02 Posts
- Hockey (Women): 03 Posts
- Hockey (Men): 02 Posts
- Archery (Men): 01 Post
- Swimming (Men): 01 Post
- Water Polo (Men): 01 Post
- Billiards & Snookers (Men): 01 Post
- Gymnastics(Men): 01 Post
- Kabaddi (Men): 02 Posts
- Kabaddi (Women): 01 Post
- Cricket (Men): 02 Posts
- Table Tennis (Women): 01 Post
- Educational Qualification:
- The post having GP - 2,800/-: A University Degree or its equivalent.
- The post having GP - 2,400/-: 12th Pass (+2) or its equivalent, with 80 words per minute in Shorthand (Hindi / English) for duration of 10 Minutes which will be transcribed in typing in 65 minutes for English and in 75 Minutes for Hindi, for the post of Junior Stenographer (OR) A Pass in 1st Year of B.Sc. (Physics) or, a Pass in 10+2 stage in Higher Secondary in Science (Maths or Physics) for the post of Electrical Signal Maintainer-II in S&T Department.
- The post having GP - 1,900 & 2000/-: 12th or its equivalent Examination OR A Pass in Matric or its equivalent from a recognized board and having ITI Certificate.
- Age limit: 18 to 25 years
- Application Fee: Candidates must pay Rs. 500/- (Rs. 250/- for SC, ST, Women, Minorities and Economically Backward Classes) as Examination Fee. Fee can be paid through Indian Postal Order drawn in favour of FA & CAO, Eastern Railway, Kolkata, Payable at GPO, Kolkata.
- Selection will be based upon performance in sports Trials & Interview. Certificate (Sports & Educational) Verification will be done by duly constituted Recruitment Committee of this railway. The venue & date for Trials and Interview / Certificate Verification will be intimated to the eligible candidates in due course.
SER Sports Marking Criteria
- Maximum marks which can be awarded by the Trial Committee for performance during Trial and Recruitment Committee during Interview Stage, shall be as follows:
- Recognized sports achievement as per norms: 50 Marks
- Games skill, physical fitness and coach's observation during Trial: 40 Marks (minimum marks for qualifying - 25 Marks)
- Educational Qualification: 5 Marks
- General Intelligence / Personality: 5 Marks
- Total Marks: 100
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates may apply on prescribed application format (See PDF file below) along with attested copies of testimonials in support of Educational Qualification, Caste, Age, Experience certificate (if applicable) and any other relevant documents Candidates must also enclose 02 (11 X 5), Self-Addressed envelope with the Application Form. The envelope containing the print-out/enclosures should be superscribed on top with — “APPLICATION FOR SPORTS QUOTA RECRUITMENT FOR THE YEAR 2017-2018”
- Employment Notification: SER/Pers/Sports Quota/OA/2017-18
- Start date for submission application: 12/09/2017
- Last date for submission application: 12/10/2017 (till 06:00 PM)
- Last date for submission application for Remote Areas: 20/10/2017 (till 06:00 PM)