- No. of Posts: 62
- Name of Post: Head Constable
- Head Constable/Combatant Ministerial (Direct Entry): 45 Posts
- Head Constable/Combatant Ministerial (Female) 15% of DR: 08 Posts
- Head Constable/Combatant Ministerial (LDCE) (ITBP Departmental Candidates Only): 08 Posts
- Educational Qualification: Intermediate or Senior Secondary School Certificate (10+2) examination from a recognized Board or University or equivalent.
- Other Qualifications: a) Typing speed of 35 words per minute in English or 30 words per minute in Hindi only on computer. (35 w.p.m. in English/30 w.p.m. in Hindi corresponding to 10500 KDPH in English/9000 KDPH in Hindi with average of 5 key depression for each word on computer)
- Age Limit: 18 to 25 years (Direct Entry)
- Pay Scale Details: Candidates should pay scale Rs. Level 4 in Pay Matrix Rs. 25500-81100/- (as per 7th CPC).
- Application Fee: Male candidates belonging to General (UR)/OBC category applying for recruitment to the above posts should pay Rs 100/- (Rupees One hundred only) as application fee only through the online payment gateway system on www.recruitment.itbpolice.nic.in. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe, Females and Ex-servicemen are exempted from paying the fee.
- Candidates have to remember that they are going to face the Written Test, Physical Test, and Medical Test. Aspirants will be passed to the Physical Test only if they Clear the Written Test and same to the Medical Test. They will be forwarded to the Medical Test only if pass the Physical Test. After all the Rounds the Indo Tibetan Border Police will release a Final Merit List in which they will mention the Names of all the Candidates who had successfully cleared all the rounds and got placed as the Head Constable in the Indo Tibetan Border Police Recruitment 2017.
ITBP Head Constable Physical Test
- Minimum height and chest measurement for all candidates except the categories given below at Sl. No. (ii) & (iii):
- Height: 165 cms (Male) | 155 cms (Female)
- Chest (form Male): 77 cms (Without expansio) | 82 cms (With expansion)
- Minimum height and chest measurement for all candidates falling in the categories of Garhwalis, Kumaonis, Gorkhas, Dogras, Marathas and Candidates belonging to the States of Sikkim, Nagaland, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Tripura, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Assam, Himachal Pradesh and J & K:
- Height: 165.5 cms (Male) | 150 cms (Female)
- Chest (form Male): 76 cms (Without expansio) | 81 cms (With expansion)
- All candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribes categories:
- Height: 162.5 cms (Male) | 150 cms (Female)
- Chest (form Male): 76 cms (Without expansio) | 81 cms (With expansion)
- Weight-Corresponding to height and age as per medical standards (for male and female candidates)
ITBP Head Constable Medical Standard
- Eye Sight -The minimum distance vision shall be 6/6 and 6/9 for both eyes without correction i.e. without wearing spectacles or lenses;
- Visual Acuity unaided (Near Vision): N6 (Better eye) | N9 (Worse Eye)
- Uncorrected Visual Acuity (Distant Vision): 6/6 (Better eye) | 6/9 (Worse Eye)
- Refraction: Visual correction of any kind is not permitted even by glasses.
- Colour Vision: CP III by ISIHARA
- Remarks: In right handed person, the Right eye is better eye and vice versa. | Binocular vision is required.
- A colour blind person shall not be eligible for recruitment. If at any stage of service career a person is found to be colour blind, he will be medically boarded out as per SHAPE policy in vogue in the Force;
- The candidate must not have knock knee, flat foot, varicose veins or squint in eyes;
- Must be in mental and bodily health and free from any physical or medical defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties of Armed Force.
- Content: Being a secular country, the religious sentiments of our countrymen are to be respected and thus, tattoos depicting religious symbol or figures and the name, as followed in Indian Army are to be permitted.
- Location: Tattoos marked on traditional sites of the body like inner aspect of forearm but only left forearm, being non saluting limb or dorsum of the hands are to be allowed.
- Size: Size must be less than ¼ of the particular part (Elbow or Hand) of the body.
ITBP Head Constable Physical Efficiency Test (PET) & Physical Standard Test (PST)
- Phase - I:
- Height Bar: At the very beginning of recruitment process, candidates will go through the height bar test. The candidates not meeting the prescribed height will be eliminated.
- PET: Those who qualify the Height Bar Test, will be subjected to physical efficiency test. The events of the PET are as follows:-
- For Male Candidates
- i) Race 1.6 Kms: To be completed within 7.30 Minutes.
- ii) 11 Feet long Jump: 03 Chances to be given)
- iii) 3 ½ Feet High Jump: 03 Chances to be given)
- For Female Candidates
- i) Race 800 Meters: To be completed within 4.45 Minutes.
- ii) 9 Feet long Jump: 03 Chances to be given)
- iii) 3 Feet High Jump: 03 Chances to be given)
- No marks will be awarded for this test and it will be only qualifying in nature. Those who do not qualify will be eliminated. Pregnancy at the time of PET will be considered a disqualification and pregnant female candidates shall be rejected at this stage.
- PST: Candidates who qualify the PET will be screened for Height, Chest (Chest measurement for male candidate only) and Weight measurements. Those who do not meet the required physical measurements as applicable will be eliminated at this stage.
- Biometric Identification: Candidates who qualify Physical Standard Test are required to undergo biometric identification. However, biometric identification of candidates can be taken at any stage of recruitment.
ITBP Head Constable Written Exam Syllabus & Exam Pattern
- Phase - II:
- Written Examination (100 Marks): The candidates qualified in PST will be required to pass the written examination (Objective type-OMR Based) consisting of following:
- General Arithmetic: 30 Questions & 30 Marks (Medium: Bilingual)
- General Knowledge: 25 Questions & 25 Marks (Medium: Bilingual)
- General English: 35 Questions & 35 Marks (Medium: English)
- Theoretical Knowledge of computer: 10 Questions & 10 Marks (Medium: Bilingual)
- Total Marks: 100 Questions & 100 Marks
- Time: Max. 3 Hours
- Qualifying marks shall be 35% for General Candidates & Ex-Servicemen and 33% for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes /Other Backward Class in the written examination.
- Candidates to the tune of 20 times category wise vacancies will be called to appear in Skill Test of Direct Recruitment on merit basis.
- All candidates of LDCE recruitment ,who qualify in written test will be called for skill test.
- Skill Test:
- The Skill Test will comprise of typing test on computer. Minimum speed of 35 words per minute in English typing or minimum speed of 30 words per minute in Hindi typing within 10 minutes corresponding to 10500 KDPH for English Typing and 9000 KDPH for Hindi Typing an average of 5 Key depressions for each word.
- English typing will be conducted in ‘Times New Roman’ Font only and Hindi typing will be conducted either on Remington or Inscript Keyboard in Unicode encoding compliant Font ‘Mangal’ only.
- The Skill Test will be qualifying in nature.
- Merit List: Merit lists in each category namely, Gen, SC, ST, OBC and Ex-servicemen will be drawn on the basis of marks obtained by the candidates in the written exam.
How to Apply
- Eligible and interested candidates should only apply online through official website.
- Start date for online application: 14/10/2017 (02:00 PM)
- Last date for online application: 13/11/2017 (till 01:59 PM)