- No. of Posts: 129
- Name of Posts:
- Postman: 126 Posts
- Mail Guard: 03 Posts
- Educational Qualification: Matriculation from any recognized Board or University
- Age limit: 18 to 27 years (as on 27/11/2017)
- Application Fee: Rs. 500/- for Un-reserved (UR) and OBC & Rs. 100/ for other category. The applicant can deposit the fee only through e-Payment service of the post office. The list of identified e-payment service enabled post offices is available on the website. The applicant has to approach nearby post office out of them and has to deposit the required fee in cash (INR) only. In case of non-payment of fee, the application will not be considered for further process. The applicants are advised to keep a copy of fee challan, receipt issued by the post office and application, for future reference.
- Pay Matrix: Rs. 21700/- in Level 3 + Admissible allowance.
- The selection will purely on merit basis which will be prepared on the basis of marks obtained in the Aptitude test separately for each category.
Postmen & Main Guards Pattern & Syllabus of Examination
- The Applicants shall be subjected to an Aptitude Test with a total 100 marks covering the following subjects/ topics. Aptitude Test will be comprising four parts [Part-A, Part-B, Part-C (i) , Part - C (ii)]. The total duration of the Aptitude Test will be 2 hours (120 Minutes). There is no negative marking.
- General Knowledge (25 marks with 25 questions of 1 mark each)
- (Topics: Geography, Indian History, Freedom Struggle, Culture & Sports, General Polity & Constitution of India, Economics, General Science, Current Affairs and Reasoning & Analytical ability of 10th standard.)
- Mathematics (25 marks with 25 questions of 1 mark each)
- (Topics: Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals & Fractions, Relationship between Numbers, Fundamental Arithmetical Operations, Percentages, Ratio & Proportion, Profit & Loss, Simple Interest, Average, Discount, Partnership, Time & Work, Time & Distance, Use of Tables & Graphs, Mensuration.)
- C (i) - English (25 marks with 25 questions of 1 mark each)
- (Topics: Articles, Prepositions, Conjunctions, Tenses, Verbs, Synonyms & Antonyms, Vocabulary, Sentence Structure, Proverbs, Phrases, Questions from small unseen passage etc)
- C (ii) - Regional Language (Hindi) (25 marks with 25 questions of 1 mark each)
- (Topics: see details in official advertisement)
How to Apply
- The Applicant can apply only through online mode.
- Notification No. Rectt/2-34/2017
- Start date for online application: 27/10/2017 (07:00 AM)
- Last date for online application: 27/11/2017 (11:59 PM)
- The applicants can deposit the fee up to 29/11/2017.