- Name of posts: Navik Domestic Branch (Cook & Steward)
- Educational qualification: 10th Class with 50% marks in aggregate from a board of Education recognized by Central/State Government. (5% relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the ward of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Job Requirement.
- Cook: They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of organisation.
- Steward: They would be required to serve food in the officer’s messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties for efficient running of organisation.
- Age limit: 18 to 22 years as on 01 Apr 2018 i.e born between 01 Apr 1996 to 31 Mar 2000, both dates inclusive. (Upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC candidates).
- The 'Online' Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Nov 2017. The Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects Quantitative Aptitude, Mathematics, General Sciences, General English, General Awareness (Current Affairs & General Knowledge) and Reasoning (Verbal & Non-Verbal).
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days. Physically Challenged candidates are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT): PFT will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig (Shoe, T shirt, Trouser etc). The PFT will consist of,
- 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push up. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Candidates who qualify the Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will only be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment Centres or any other place as decided by the Indian Coast Guard.
- Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by the Indian Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the tests depending upon the available vacancies. The Zone wise select list of candidates will be displayed in the Indian Coast Guard Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in in the month of Mar 2018. It is clarified that merit list will be zone wise and not centre wise.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorized Military Doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to Enrolled Personnelon entry.
- Height: Minimum height 157 cms. Reduction in height for candidates from hilly areas and tribal areas will be in accordance with the Central Govt. orders.
- Chest: Should be well proportioned. Minimum expansion 5 cms.
- Weight: Proportionate to height and age +-10 percentage acceptable.
- Hearing: Normal. (Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.)
- Visual Standard: 6/36 (Better Eye) and 6/36 (Worse Eye).
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body. However certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Govt. of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the Indian Coast Guard Recruitment website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in
Recruitment Exam Centre
- Noida - Exam Centre for Northern Zone (Jammu & Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh, Punjab, Haryana, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Delhi and UT Chandigarh)
- Kolkata - Exam Centre for North Eastern Zone (Bihar, Jharkhand, Mizoram, West Bengal, Odisha, Assam, Sikkim, Meghalaya, Manipur, Arunachal Pradesh, Nagaland and Tripura)
- Chennai - Exam Centre for Eastern Zone (Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and UT of Puducherry, Andaman & Nicobar Islands)
- Mumbai - Exam Centre for Western Zone (Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, Karnataka, Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Goa and UT of Daman & Diu, Dadra Nagar Haveli and Lakshadweep)
- Gandhinagar - Exam Centre for North West Zone (Gujarat)
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Advertisement No: 01/2018 Batch
- Online application start from: 16/10/2017
- Last date for online application: 23/10/2017 (till 05:00 PM)
- Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card from: 03/11/2017 to 09/11/2017
- Exam date - during November 2017