UPSC IES Examination 2018
- No. of posts:
- Name of posts: Engineering Services Examination (IES)
- Details Category: Civil Engineering. | Mechanical Engineering | Electrical Engineering | Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering.
- Educational qualification: For admission to the examination, a candidate must have obtained a degree in Engineering from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as Universities under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956; or passed Sections A and B of the Institution Examinations of the Institution of Engineers (India); or obtained a degree/diploma in Engineering from such foreign University/College/Institution and under such conditions as may be recognised by the Government for the purpose from time to time, or passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (India); or passed Associate Membership Examination Parts II and III/Sections A and B of the Aeronautical Society of India; or passed Graduate Membership Examination of the Institution of Electronics and Radio Engineers, London held after November, 1959 Provided that a candidate for the post of Indian Naval Armament Service (Electronics Engineering Posts) and Indian Radio Regulatory Service Gr ‘A’ may possess any of the above qualifications or the qualification mentioned below namely:‐ M.Sc. degree or its equivalent with Wireless Communication, Electronics, Radio Physics or Radio Engineering as a special subject.
- Age limit: 21 to 30 years
- Application Fee: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST/ PH who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/‐ (Rupees Two hundred only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master Credit/Debit card.
- Final selection will be based on written examination & Personality Test.
UPSC IES Exam pattern & Syllabus
- The Engineering Services (Preliminary/Stage-I) Examination will consist of two objective type (multiple choices) questions papers and carrying a maximum of 500 marks (Paper 1 – 200 Marks & Paper II – 300 Marks). Only those candidates who are declared by the Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary/Stage-I Examination in the year will be eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination of that year provided they are otherwise eligible for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination. The Marks obtained in Preliminary/Stage-I Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main/Stage-II Examination will be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the Main/Stage-II Examination will be about six to seven time the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year through this examination
- There will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- There are four alternative for the answers to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as a wrong answer even if one of the given answers happen to be correct and there will be same penalty as above for that question.
- If a question is left blank i.e. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
- The Engineering Services (Main/stage-II) Examination will consist two conventional type papers in Engineering Discipline specific with duration of three hours and maximum marks of 600 (300 Marks in each paper).
- The Stage-III will consist of Personality Test carrying 200 Marks.
How to apply:
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Advertisement No.: 01/2018-ENGG
- Online application start from: 27/09/2017
- Last date for online application: 23/10/2017 (till 06:00 PM)