WCR Recruitment Notification against Sports Quota
West Central Railway - WCR, Railway Recruitment Cell - RRC, Jabalpur (Madhya Pradesh State) published an official notification for Recruitment of Sport Person in the following sports discipline – Athlete, Badminton, Cricket, Hockey, Volleyball and Wrestling under Sports Quota for 21 posts. Eligible candidates can apply for this recruitment. You can view more details about this recruitment including No. of posts, name of post, Educational qualification, Age limit, Selection process, How to apply etc... You can also view official notification and other important facts about this recruitment e.g. Important links and Important dates.
- No. of posts: 21
- Name of posts:
- Athlete in 100 mtr. (Men): 01 Post
- Athlete in 800 mtr. (Men): 01 Post
- Athlete in 5000 mtr. (Men): 01 Post
- Athlete in Discuss Throw (Men): 01 Post
- Athlete in Javelin Throw (Men): 01 Post
- Badminton player (Men) (Singles): 01 Post
- Badminton player (Men) (Singles): 01 Post
- Cricket (Men) Specialist Batsman: 02 Post
- Cricket (Men) Fast Bowler : 01 post
- Cricket (Men) All Rounder (Spinner + Batsman): 01 Post
- Hockey (Men) Midfielders : 02 Post
- Hockey (Men) Defenders : 02 Post
- Volleyball (Men) Setter : 01 Post
- Volleyball (Men) All Rounder : 01 Post
- Wrestling (Men) 74 KG FS: 01 Post
- Wrestling (Men) 86 KGS FS: 01 Post
- Wrestling (Men) 75 KG GRS : 01 Post
- Wrestling (Men) 80 KG GRS: 01 Post
- Educational qualification: Pass in 12th class OR Graduate pass.
- Sports Eligibility Norms (For Graduate pass candidates):
- Represented the Country in Olympic Games (Senior Category) OR
- Obtained at least 3rd position in the World Cup (Junior/Senior) / World Championships (Junior/Senior) / Asian Games (Senior) / Commonwealth Games (Senior).
- Sports Eligibility Norms (For 12th pass candidates):
- Represented the country in the World Cup (Junior/Senior) / World Championships (Junior/Senior) / Asian Games (Senior) / Commonwealth Games (Senior) OR
- Represented the country and obtained at least third position in the Commonwealth Championship (Junior/Senior) / Asian Championships/ Asia Cup (Junior/Senior) South Asian Federation (SAF) Games (Senior) / USIC (World Railways) Championship (Senior). OR
- Represented a State or equivalent unit and obtained at least 3rd position in Senior/Youth/Junior National Championships. OR
- Represented a state and obtained at least 3rd position in National games organized under the aegis of Indian Olympic association OR
- Represented a University and obtained at least 3rd position in All India Inter University Championships organized under the aegis of association of Indian universities OR
- Represented a State or equivalent Unit and obtained 1st position in Federation Cup Championships (senior category).
- Age limit: 18 to 25 years
- Application Fee: The examination fee is Rs. 500/- (Rupee Five Hundred only) for all candidates except those mentioned in sub-para (b) below and is non-refundable. The examination fee is Rs. 250/- (Rupee Two Hundred Fifty only) for candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-servicemen/Minorities and Economic Backward Classes, which will be refunded to those who actually appear for the selection.
- For Open Advertisement Recruitment: All eligible candidates will be called for Trial and after Trial only the FIT candidates shall be assessed for next stage of recruitment. Candidates declared NOT FIT by the Trial committee will not be assessed further by the recruitment committee.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates may apply online only through the official website of West Central Railway.Candidates should submit print out of their application along with template form and copies of self attested certificates in proof of date of birth, educational qualifications, sports achievements and caste to "Chairman, Railway Recruitment Cell, West Central Railway, RB-IV, 290, South Civil Line, Station Road, Jabalpur (M.P.) – 482001" in Sealed envelope in which Category number and Sports Name/Position should be mentioned clearly up to 20/09/2017 by speed post. Document to be uploaded along with application form :-
- Self attested copy of certificate in proof of academic qualification.
- Self attested copy of certificate in proof of Date of Birth.
- Self attested copies of certificates in proof of Sports achievements issued by concerned Federations/Associations/Boards.
- After final submission one page of application in pdf will be generated. It should be printed, signed and to be submitted to Railway Recruitment Cell.
- Employment Notification: 01/2017 (Sports Quota)
- Online application start from: 05/08/2017
- Last date for online application: 04/09/2017
- Closing date for receipt of application: 20/09/2017
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.