- Name of posts: Navik (General Duty)
- Educational qualification: 10+2 passed with 50% marks aggregate in total and minimum 50% aggregate in Maths and Physics from an education board recognized by Central/State Government. (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
- Age limit: Minimum 18 Years and maximum 22 years
- The 'Online' Applications will be sorted out Centre wise. The conduct of test is planned during the month of Oct/Nov 2017. The Selection procedure is as follows:
- Short-listing criteria will be based on higher percentage of marks for a particular examination Centre.
- The qualifying cut off percentage (%) of a particular Centre may be increased if more number of applications with higher percentage is received.
- Those who qualify written examination will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and Initial Medical Examination (Preliminary). The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
Physical Fitness Test
- Candidates show will qualify the written examination will be called for the Physical Fitness Test (PFT). The PFT will contain the following:
- Running 1.6 Km in 7 minutes.
- 20 Squat Ups (Uthak Baithak)
- 10 Push Up.
Scheme of Entrance Exam for Indian Coast Guard Navik
- The written examination will be of objective type, which will generally cover subjects such as Maths, Physics, basic Chemistry, knowledge of English upto 12th standard, general knowledge, current affairs, quantitative aptitude and reasoning etc.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Advertisement No: 01/2018 Batch
- Online application start from: 26/08/2017
- Last date for online application: 04/09/2017 (till 05:00 PM)
- Applicants to take print out of the e-admit card from: 13/09/2017 to 22/09/2017