- Name of posts:
- Flying Branch
- Meteorology Branch
- Educational qualification & Age limit
- Flying Branch: (a) NCC Air Wing Senior Division ‘C’ certificate ac-quired on or after 06 Aug 15 is mandatory. (b) Minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level and Graduate with minimum three year de-gree course in any discipline from a recognized University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent. or minimum of 60% marks each in Maths & Physics at 10+2 level and BE/B Tech degree (Four years course) with a minimum of 60% marks or equivalent or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent are also eligible.
- 20 to 24 years
- Meteorology Branch: Post Graduate Degree in any Science stream / Mathematics / Statistics / Geography / Computer Applications / Environmental Science / Applied Physics /Oceanography / Meteorology / Agricultural Meteorology / Ecology & Environment / Geo-physics / Environmental Biology with minimum of 50% marks in aggregate of all papers put together (Provided Maths and Physics were studied at Graduation Level with a minimum of 55% marks in both).
- 20 to 26 years
- All applicants whose applications are submitted by due date will be called for testing at one of the Air Force Selection Boards (AFSBs) at Dehradun, Mysore, Gandhinagar or Varanasi. The testing would consist of three stages as given below:-
- Stage-I.: Officer Intelligence Rating Test along with Picture Perception and discussion test will be conducted on the first day. Stage-I test is a screening test and only those who qualify would undergo subsequent testing. All Stage-I qualified candidates would be subjected to document check to ascertain their eligibility for the branch applied for. Candidates who either do not qualify in Stage-I or do not meet the required eligibility criteria would be sent back on the first day itself.
- Stage-II.: Psychological test, Group Tests and Interview would commence after document check for the next five days.
- For Flying Brach.: Computerized Pilot Selection System (CPSS) would be administered to recommended candidates only. This is once in a lifetime test. Candidates who have failed the CPSS/PABT in an earlier attempt or a Flight Cadet suspended from flying training at Air Force Academy will not be eligible to apply.
How to apply
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Online application start from: 05/08/2017
- Last date for online application: 31/08/2017