Indian Army invites applications from married / unmarried male Post Graduates in the subjects notified below for Grant of Permanent Commission in the Army Education Corps. Course commencing in JUL 2017 at Indian Military Academy (IMA), Dehradun, Uttarakhand. For more details about this recruitment like, educational qualification, age limit, selection procedure, how to apply as under. You can view official advertisement by following links.
Total no of Posts: 12
Name of the Posts: Army Education Corps
Educational Qualification & Subject wise Vacancies:
- MA in English/ Geography/ Economics/ History/ Political Science/ Psychology/ International Relation: 04 Posts
- M.Sc in Physics/ Chemistry/ Maths/ Zoology/ Botany/ Geology/ Nano Science/ Computer Science/ Electronics/ MCA: 06 Posts
- Foreign language (MA in Chinese): 02 Posts
Age limit: 23 to 27 years (as on 01/07/2017 born between 02 Jan 90 and 01 Jan 94 both dates inclusive).
Pay & Allowances: The candidates will be given a stipend of Rs. 21,000/-p.m.(Rs 15,600/- as pay in Pay Band plus Grade Pay of Rs.5,400/-)
- Short listing of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD(Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks without assigning any reason.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at Selection Centres, Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP) and Bangalore (Karnataka) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by the respective Selection Centres, through candidate’s registered e-mail id and through SMS only. Candidates will not be interviewed locally. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
- Interviews will be held from Jul/Aug 2016 onwards.
- Candidates will put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days excluding day of arrival and details of the same are available at official website of Rtg Dte www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
Physical Standard: Candidates must be physically fit according to the prescribed physical standards.
Tattoo policy: for details on tattoo policy, please visit website
Medical Examination: A candidate recommended by the Services Selection Board will undergo a medical examination by a Board of Service Medical officers. Only those candidates will be admitted to the academy who are declared fit by the Medical board.
Merit List: Merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at SSB interview. It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the SSB interview does not confirm final selection. Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, NCC background, etc, have no role to play in the merit list.
Training: Duration of training is one year:
- Selected candidates will be detailed for training at Indian Military Academy, Dehradun according to their position in the final order of merit up to the number of vacancies available in each subject.
- Candidates are neither allowed to marry during the period of training nor allowed to live with parents/guardians. A candidate who marries during training will be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, although successful, will not be selected for training.
- Cost of Training: The entire cost of training is at Government expense. In case the GC is withdrawn from training academy due to reasons other than Medical ground or the reasons not beyond his control, he will be liable to refund cost of training @ Rs. 8785/ - per week (or as notified from time to time) for the period of his stay at Indian Military Academy.
- Army Group Insurance Fund. The Gentlemen Cadets of IMA in receipt of stipend are insured for Rs. 60 lac.
How to Apply: Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Online application start from: 08/11/2016 (at 10:00 AM)
- Last date of online application: 07/12/2016 (till 10:00 AM)
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.