Staff Selection Commission (SSC) published an open competitive Computer Based Examination for recruitment of Junior Engineers, Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted posts in the Pay Band of Rs.9300-34800/- plus Grade Pay Rs.4200/- (pre-revised). You can view official advertisement by following link.
Name of Exam: Jr. Engineer
Educational qualification: Various degree in Engineering field. (See details in official advertisement)
Application Fee: Mode of payment of fee payable Rs.100/-. Candidate may note that only online applications will be accepted at http://ssconline.nic.in. Fee paid in respect of online applications through SBI Challan / Net banking and any credit and debit cards will be accepted. Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes, Physically handicapped and Ex-Servicemen eligible for reservation are exempted from paying fee, as per rules / instructions of Department of Personnel and Training, Government of India.
Selection process: Final selection will be based on written examination
Written exam pattern & Syllabus for written exam:
- Paper-I : (Computer Base Mode)
- Objective type - 50 Marks
- General Intelligence & Reasoning - 50 Marks
- General Awareness - 100 Marks
- Part –A : General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR
- Part-B : General Engineering (Electrical) OR
- Part-C : General Engineering (Mechanical)
- Paper-II : (Written Examination)
- Conventional Type - 300 Marks
- Part-A General Engineering (Civil & Structural) OR
- Part- B General Engineering (Electrical) OR
- Part-C General Engineering (Mechanical)
- In Paper-I and Paper-II for General Engineering, the candidate will be required to attempt only the part as per option given in column 13 of the application form filled by the candidate. In other words, the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Civil), Junior Engineer (Quantity Surveying & Contract) should attempt Part A (Civil & Structural) of Paper-I and Paper-II and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Electrical) should attempt Part-B (Electrical) and the candidates appearing for the post of Junior Engineer (Mechanical) should attempt Part C (Mechanical) of Paper-I and Paper-II failing which his/her answer sheet (Paper-II) will not be evaluated.
- Candidates are allowed to bring their own Slide–Rule, Calculator, Logarithm Tables and Steam Table for Paper-II only. They are not allowed to use such aids for Paper-I. Paper-I will consist of Objective Type Multiple Choice questions only. Candidates who are shortlisted on the basis of performance in Paper –I will be called for Paper-II (Conventional Type).
- Candidates are not permitted to use Mobile Phone or any other electronic / electrical device other than those specifically permitted. Candidates must not, therefore, bring Mobile Phone or any other electronic /electrical device not specifically permitted inside the Examination premises. Possession of these items, whether in use or not, will be considered as “use of unfair means” in the Examination and candidature of such candidates will be cancelled forthwith. Such candidates are also liable for debarment upto a period of 3 years and/or criminal prosecution.
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I.
- Candidates are, therefore, advised to keep this in mind while answering the questions.
- Commission will place the answer keys of Paper-I on its website after the examination. Objections and claims if any, received within the time limit specified while placing answer keys will be examined by the Commission with the help of experts, if necessary. Commission’s decision in this regard will be final.
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Online application start from: 01/10/2016
- Last date for online application: 31/10/2016
- Date of Computer Based Written Exam: 03/12/2016 to 05/12/2016
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.