Indian Navy invited from unmarried Indian citizens for grant of Permanent Commission (PC) and Short Service Commission (SSC) in following branches / Cadres in Indian Navy for the course commencing June 2017 Course at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. View more details about recruitment for e.g. education qualification, selection process, age limit, physical fitness all are as under.
Name of posts:
- Permanent Commission (PC)
- Educational qualification: M.Sc. Physics (with Maths in B.Sc.) or M.Sc. Maths (with Physics in B.Sc.) or M.Sc. Chemistry (with Physics in B.Sc.) or M.A. (English) (with Physics or Maths in Intermediate or equivalent standard) or M.A. (History) OR BE/B.Tech/M.Tech in Mech/Electrical/Electronics.
- Age limit: 21 to 25 years for male
- Short Service Commission (SSC)
- Educational qualification: BE/B.Tech in any discipline or MBA or B.Sc / B.Com / B.Sc.(IT) with first class and a PG Diploma in Finance / Logistics / Supply Chain Management / Material Management or MCA / M.Sc (IT).
- Age limit: 19 ½ - 25 Years for male & female
- Height & weight: Minimum height Male – 157 cm, Female – 152 cm with correlated weight as per age and height.
- Eye sight: The minimum acceptable vision standards for distance is 6/6, 6/12 correctable to 6/60, 6/60 with glass. Should not be colour / night blind.
- Tattoo: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted on any part of the body, however, certain concessions are permitted to candidates belonging to tribal areas communities as declared by the Government of India. For other candidates permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e. from inside of elbow to wrist and on the reverse side of palm/back (dorsal) side of hand. Details in this regard are available on the naval recruitment website: www. joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/ percentage of marks without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for short listed candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Dec 16 to Mar 17. Shortlisted candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture
- Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days. Successful candidates will thereafter undergo Medical Examination (approx duration 03-05 days).
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
- Any correspondence regarding change of SSB dates be addressed to the call up officer of the SSB on receipt of call up letter. Candidates are to download the call up letter on receiving intimation from IHQ MoD by SMS/email.
- No compensation will be paid in respect of any injury sustained as a result of tests during SSB interviews.
- AC 3 tier rail fare is admissible for the SSB interview, if appearing for the first time for that type of commission.
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates can apply online for above said posts.
- Start date for registration of online application: 24/09/2016
- Last date for registration of online application: 24/10/2016
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.