CSIR - University Grants Commission (UGC) published notification National Eligibility Test (NET) December, 2016 for Junior Research Fellow & Eligibility for Lectureship Examination. For more details about this recruitment like, educational qualification, age limit, selection process, how to apply & more as under. You can view more detail about this entrance exam by following link.
- M. Sc or equivalent degree/ Integrated BS-MS/BS-4 years/BE/BTech/BPharma/MBBS with at least 55% marks for general and OBC-Non Creamy layer candidates (Central list only as provided in National Commission for Backward Classes website www.ncbc.nic.in) and 50% for SC/ST, physically and Visually Handicapped candidates.
- Candidates enrolled for M.Sc or having completed 10+2+3 years of the above qualifying examination as on the closing date of online submission of application form, are also eligible to apply in the above subject under the Result Awaited (RA) category on the condition that they complete the qualifying degree with requisite percentage of marks within the validity period of two years to avail the fellowship from the effective date of award of fellowship.
- Such candidates will have to submit the attestation format (Given at the reverse of the application form) duly certified by the Head of Institute/Dean/Head of Department from where the candidate is appearing or has appeared.
- BSc (Hons) or equivalent degree holders or students enrolled in Integrated MS-PhD program with at least 55% marks for general and OBC (Non Creamy layer) candidates; 50% marks for SC/ST, physically and visually handicapped candidates are also eligible to apply. Candidates with bachelor’s degree will be eligible for CSIR fellowship only after getting registered/enrolled for PhD/Integrated PhD program within the validity period of two years.
- The eligibility for lectureship of NET qualified candidates will be subject to fulfilling the criteria laid down by UGC. PhD degree holders who have passed Master’s degree prior to 19th September 1991, with at least 50% marks are eligible to apply for Lectureship only.
Age limit: Maximum 28 years as on 01/07/2016
Examination Fee: Candidates applying for the Test may deposit their Examination fee, after verifying their eligibility, in any branch of the Indian Bank throughout the country by paying the following fee in cash through bank challan to be downloaded from the CSIR website OR through NEFT from any other Bank branch. The journal number or the UTR number given by the Bank is to be filled in the payment details while submitting the application form
- General - Rs. 1000/-
- Other Backward Classes(OBC)-Non Creamy Layer - Rs. 500/-
- SC/ST/Physically Handicapped (PH) or Visually Handicapped (VH ) - Rs. 250/-
- Final selection will be based on Interview
- Final selection will be based on written examination
- Final selection will be based on academic marks.
Written exam pattern: The single paper MCQ based test will be held tentatively on Sunday, the 18th December, 2016 as under:
Syllabus for written exam:
- The question paper shall be divided into three parts, (A, B & C) as per syllabus & Scheme of Exam.
- Part 'A' shall be common to all subjects. This part shall contain questions pertaining to General Aptitude with emphasis on logical reasoning, graphical analysis, analytical and numerical ability, quantitative comparison, series formation, puzzles etc.
- Part 'B' shall contain subject-related conventional Multiple Choice questions (MCQs), generally covering the topics given in the syllabus.
- Part 'C' shall contain higher value questions that may test the candidate's knowledge of scientific concepts and/or application of the scientific concepts. The questions shall be of analytical nature where a candidate is expected to apply the scientific knowledge to arrive at the solution to the given scientific problem.
How to apply:
- Interested & eligible candidates may apply Online through a link available at CSIR, HRDG website: www.csirhrdg.res.in. In order to apply Online the candidates are required to download Bank challan Performa from the above website and then deposit the requisite examination fee in any of the Indian Bank branches throughout the country or through NEFT.
- Candidates, after successfully submitting application online are required to take print out of the Application Form, paste his/her recent black & white photograph, put his/her signature at the required space, attach caste certificate, if applicable and send along with CSIR marked copy of fee deposited Bank Challan in an envelope super scribed with Subject Code, Centre Code & Medium Cod & send to given below address.
- Online application start from: 16/08/2016
- Last date for online application: 09/09/2016
- Last date for submit application Fee: 08/09/2016
- Last date for receipt of application: 16/09/2016
- Last date for receipt of application in remote area: 23/09/2016
- Last Date for receipt of written request for change of Examination Centre only on merit basis: 14/10/2016
- Tentative date of Publication of list of candidates registered for test on CSIR, HRDG website: 15/11/2016
- Last date for accepting representation about non-registration for this test: 22/11/2016
- Issue of e-Admission Certificate to registered candidates: 1st week of Dec., 2016
- Date of Single MCQ Examination: 18/12/2016 (Tentatively)
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.