Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) invited from candidates meeting the following qualification & other parameters for engagement as Apprentices under Apprentices Act, 1961/1973 (as amended from time to time) in the Trade / Disciplines mentioned below. Educational Qualification, Provisional Number of seats in Apprentice category including likely reservation shall be as follows. The consolidated stipend payable shall be as mentioned below or as revised (under the Act) from time to time (whichever is higher). Reservation will be applicable as per the prescribed percentage for recruitment applicable to the state of Assam.
No. of posts: 45
Name of posts & Educational qualification:
- Trade Apprentice:
- Chemical Plant: 10 Posts
- 3 years full time B.Sc (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/Industrial Chemistry)
- Fitter: 05 Posts
- Matric with 2 (Two) years ITI (Fitter) course
- Boiler: 06 Posts
- 3 years full time B.Sc (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry/ Industrial Chemistry)
- Technician Apprentice:
- Chemical: 08 Posts
- 3 years Full Time, regular/sandwich Diploma course in Chemical Engineering /Refinery & Petrochemicals Engineering
- Mechanical: 06 Posts
- 3 years Full Time, regular/sandwich Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical: 07 Posts
- 3 years Full Time, regular/sandwich Diploma course in Electrical Engineering
- Instrumentation: 03 Posts
- 3 years Full Time, regular/sandwich Diploma course in Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Electronics/ Instrumentation & Control Engineering
Age limit: 18 to 24 year
- Selections for engagement of Apprentices would be based on Written Test and Personal Interview.
- The written test will be of two hours duration & would carry a weightage of 85%. The maximum weightage for interview will be 15%.
- The candidates will have to qualify successfully through each stage of the selection process i.e. Written Test and Personal Interview (Minimum 40%, relaxable by 5% for candidates from SC/ST/PWD categories against reserved positions) and pre-employment medical fitness for being adjudged suitable for engagement.
- Candidates are advised to ensure that they are medically fit as per Indianoil’s pre-employment medical standard. Candidates are advised to go through the “Guidelines and Criteria for Physical Fitness for Pre Employment medical Examination” before they commence the application process.
How to apply: Interested and eligible candidates can send their application in prescribed format to below mentioned e-mail address along with necessary documents.
- Advertisement No. GR/P/TA/16
- Last date for receipt of application: 31/07/2016
Download our Android app to get updates on your mobile.